Friday, February 16, 2007

Welcome, Matteo Grosso

I'd like to welcome Matteo Grosso to Rice University and Houston. Mr. Grosso has traveled from Italy as a visiting student. He is preparing a dissertation at the University of Turino on the reception history of the Gospel of Thomas. I met Mr. Grosso last autumn at the Sorbonne in Paris during the first international conference on the Gospel of Judas. He spoke to me about his research, and now has come to Rice to write a portion of his dissertation. I am delighted to have this opportunity to work with him on a project that I think will be a very significant contribution to the interpretative history of the Thomasine sayings. He will be here until the end of March, and we are hopeful to accomplish great things on our favorite early Christian gospel during his stay.

1 comment:

Matteo Grosso said...

I would like to express my deepest thanks to Professor April DeConick for inviting me at Rice University and for welcoming me in such a cordial and friendly way. My gratitude is extended to all the Rice's staff I met, especially to the OISS: I do really appreciate their efficiency and kindness. I am so glad of being here and I am sure that such a marvellous environment will help my reserch to improve dramatically.