Monday, February 11, 2008

Apocryphote of the Day

In order to highlight the fact that "heresy" depends on where you are standing, and that the people who wrote the literature that we call "apocryphal" of "parabiblical", were "living" their religion, I am going to begin posting "Apocryphotes", or daily readings from the apocrypha.

"It is written in the Psalms, 'I have been deeply troubled in my groaning, I shall drench my bed and cover each night with my tears. I have become old among all my enemies. Depart from me, all you who do lawless things, for look, the Lord has heard the cry of my weeping, and the Lord has heard my prayer.' If we truly repent, God, who is patient and abundant in mercy, will hear us. To God be the glory forever and ever. Amen." Exegesis on the Soul 137.15-26 (A Valentinian text).

1 comment:

Anthony said...

What a fun idea! I can't wait to read these every day.