Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Performance of Easter in Memory of Her, Saturday April 19

I am thrilled to announce that "Easter in Memory of Her" will be performed again this year, on April 19, 4-5 pm, at Christ Church Cathedral in downtown Houston.  This is a musical and meditative performance that I co-authored with Rev. Betty Adams last year.  It remembers the women disciples of Jesus who remained at the foot of his cross while he died.  Jesus is seen through their eyes and their memories and their emotions.  Please join us if you are in town.  Share this link.  Last year we had over 300 people attend.  I would like to double that this year if possible.

More information about the performance can be found HERE in the Houston Chronicle.

1 comment:

Shawna Atteberry said...

Wonderful! I wish I was in Houston. I'm writing a blog post about the women of Holy Week that are normally ignored in our liturgies. Hopefully one day I'll get to see Easter in Memory of Her. This is a sermon I preached two years ago from the point of view of the woman who anointed Jesus before Palm Sunday: Anointing the King.