Monday, April 6, 2009

The Beginnings of Christianity: A Jewish Story

Tonight I'm giving a lecture at the Houston Museum of Natural Science as part of their exhibit on early Judaism and early Christianity. The title of my talk "The Beginnings of Christianity: A Jewish Story." The organizers contacted me last week and said that the auditorium is sold-out and that I will be speaking to a 400-person audience in the IMAX theatre. This is something I've never done before! Anyway, I have a nice powerpoint lecture with some good visuals. Should be a great time. Given the amount of interest in this topic, I will have to put this into my forbidden gospels lecture series. I will be covering Jesus' view on law, the first community of Jesus followers as Nazoreans and People of the Way. I will be going over the Didache along with canonical sources, ending with Justin Martyr and Trypho the Jew.

3 comments:

Brandon said...

Sounds like an excellent lecture! Very nice to hear that it sold out.

Judy Redman said...

Wow! Congratulations and best wishes.

geoffhudson.blogspot.com said...

But you didn't go over the story of Jesus being fabricated by Flavian historians.