Sunday, August 23, 2009

Last day of summer

Celebrate the last day of summer! Tomorrow will be here soon, and with it another semester of research and learning. I'm on a grant this semester - so no teaching. I'm going to be writing about star gates and ascent for an SBL presentation, but the big project is finishing my book, Sex and the Serpent: Why the Sexual Conflicts of the Early Church Still Matter. I will be returning to finishing up chapter three on Jesus and Paul. But that can wait until tomorrow. The rest of the day is to enjoy the last moments of summer. Alexander starts kindergarten at 7:35 am (!) tomorrow.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I cant' wait to read Sex and the Serpent.

April DeConick said...

I can't wait to get it finished!

pearl said...

What an exciting milestone for Alexander and his parents! I hope Alexander enjoys his first day of kindergarten.

Anonymous said...

You think Christian origins are opaque, just wait until you have encountered the PTA!

Boudewijn Koole van Brigdamme said...

You remember me of "The Making of Fornication: Eros, Ethics, and Political Reform in Greek Philosophy and Early Christianity" (Hellenistic Culture and Society) 2003 by Kathy L. Gaca (Author).
As she is not writing too much about Hermetism and Gnosticism and other non-canonical forms of Early Christianity, to me it might be very interesting to see how those forms compare with Gaca's paradigm about Paul's and Philo's reworking of the Septuagint's views which according to her are the real roots of the Early Christian views.

I too am eagerly awaiting your findings in print ... good wishes until then (and after)!