Friday, May 4, 2007

Bon Voyage to Judy Redman

I can't believe it, but Judy's time at Rice has come to an end already. She is headed back to Australia this weekend. I am very pleased with the progress she has made on her dissertation (examining the Kingdom parables in the Gospel of Thomas). She has been hard at work on her chapter on method and approach, which is quite evident from her own blog where she has been posting about her progress. Her visit to Rice has been mutually fruitful, since she also helped me edit a couple of my own pieces. And I have gained much from our conversations about the Gospel of Thomas and other subjects. She tells me that she will be working on her project for several more years. So I wish her the very best in that process, and hope that she finds as much joy in writing as I do. Farewell!

Update 5-5-07: For Judy's own farewell see her own post.

No comments: