Sunday, August 26, 2007

New Paul Blog by David Capes

Professor David Capes of Houston Baptist University here in Houston has just started up his own blog on Paul. He and I have been working together this summer on a project that I will reveal more about later this semester, but during our many wonderful conservations, he shared with me that he was starting a blog to supplement a class that he is co-teaching for Fuller this semester on Pauline Theology. David and I co-taught a continuing education course last semester on The Lost Gospels for Rice, and he is a superb colleague and teacher, not to mention writer. On the weekends, David cohosts an award-winning radio show called "A Show of Faith" on TALK RADIO 950 KPRC in Houston.

If you haven't heard about it already, he has a textbook on Paul coming out this October called Rediscovering Paul: An Introduction to His World, Letters and Theology. He is using the book in the Fuller course. He plans to try to use his blog dynamically to post assignments and engage in discussion with his readers. So I encourage you to check his blog, where he says he will make at least weekly posts.

2 comments:

David A. Large said...

Thanks, April. I've so much enjoyed our collaboration on "the book." I'm looking forward to lots of conversations (formal and otherwise) over topics we both have interest in. I'm not too accustomed to this blog-thing, but will be ramping it up soon. I hope you have a great semester at Rice this fall!

all the best,
dbc

Michael F. Bird said...

I had the pleasure of reviewing the manuscript for IVP, and it is a good introduction to Paul and his letters. Very readable for first year undergrads and some good anecdotes thrown in too for interest.