Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Advance Copies have arrived

Yesterday, Alexander (my 3 year old) was home for a sick day. So last night after Wade got home from the D.A.'s office, we drove up to Rice, hoping that a box of books would be waiting for me in at my office. Sure enough, the box was in the mailroom, and it was very special to open it with my family present. Since The Thirteenth Apostle is dedicated to Wade (a Bob Dylan fan - this was the one book in which I could use a quote from one of his songs - and I was granted permission by Dylan to use the quote at no cost, for which I am very grateful), it was a memorable moment to give him the first copy out of the box. And Alexander asked for his own copy and was thrilled with it because he wants to "keep it forever" and show it to his class in "show-n-tell" today. So that's my story. It was truly a wonderful evening.

2 comments:

James F. McGrath said...

Congratulations on your book appearing in print! Thanks for sharing that great story.

Jordan Stratford+ said...

Congratulations and thanks for sharing a great moment.

I have a hundred questions: my Judas-as-frame-story theory, the issue of the "error of the stars" in the new translation, etc etc but I shall be good and wait for your book to arrive!

Regards,

Jordan