Friday, October 26, 2007

Some information about the Tchacos facsimiles and the Ohio fragments

I have an update. I have just been told by a reliable source that National Geographic Society is going to create a FTP-server with the 66 published pages of the Tchacos Codex. This will give all scholars access to the facsimiles. Hooray! Let's hope that this project is finished in a timely manner.

The identity of the person who has the Ohio fragments is not apparent. The fragments are inaccessible to scholars because there is a legal battle involved about who actually owns them. I am told by the same source that the contents of the photographed fragments is not all that exciting.

So some joy in my posting and some disappointment. I will just be relieved when the facsimiles of the Codex are available to all of us who study these materials.

No comments: