Tuesday, October 2, 2007

New T & T Clark Blog

Both Jim West and Mark Goodacre have mentioned this new blog for T & T Clark publishers. I want to mention it too, for two reasons. They publish many of my books (and even featured Mark Goodacre and I on their sidebar - smile!) and I think they are the hottest publishers of academic and tradebooks in biblical studies in the market today.

The not-so-distant merger with Continuum appears to have done them well. They now are able to publish a wide array of subjects related to biblical studies, much of it cutting-edge. They have strong series (like The Library for New Testament Studies) that can be found in every good library. They have a range of price points, mainly because they have figured out how to take pricey small hardback print runs and turn them over into reprint paperbacks after a year. And they have some really smart and responsive editors. Their book display at AAR/SBL the last three years has been very impressive. If you are going to be in San Diego, I encourage you to drop by their booth and see for yourself the fantastic range of subjects they have in print now.

Anyway, I need to take some time and update my blog roll with many new additions including T & T Clark's blog. But that means that I have to remember how I did it in the first place. Maybe Wade remembers.

1 comment:

geoffhudson.blogspot.com said...

I would like academic publishers to be open about the legal entities under which they use trade names and the owners/shareholders of those legal entities. They are highly secretive.